Friday, October 3, 2008

Go For It

Welcome to my inaugural blog. I have a boutique marketing consulting business working with high tech companies. I'm an implementer and an evangelist.

My favorite thought of late comes from the groupery where I worked until this month. What they did, which I really loved, was if they got an idea, they'd definitely kick it around. But then they would try it. In the time it takes to meet, analyze, meet again, analyze, do research, meet... we could try the idea in real life and get real results. I joined them in the first place because of this. They put out their web service in just a couple of months and I saw it and I was hooked. Two years later they continue to refine and refine. But they got their earliest converts by delivering something useful for real life users, not with a lot of talk.

Of course a big key in this circle of trial and error is the other half of the circle - acting on the results, good and bad.

I know this sounds like common sense but just think - is this next discussion session or round of research really necessary or are you already ready?

This is a lot easier for startups than big companies. But, to use the words of the week, we can all be mavericks from time to time, doggone it. Go for it!

No comments: